Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Movie Sequels Galore (Spiderman 3)

I'm a BIG movie junkie!

When I say movies, I meant foreign films produced by BIG Hollywood producers, with a BIG 7-figure budget (in $$$) highlighted by BIG A-list movie stars. Not to discredit Filipino movies but same plot and story lines, same acting and same directing don't get me excited and awed watching them.

As with fanatics of the silver screen, this summer is one of the most anticipated in history. What with the release of Spiderman 3, Shrek the Third and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.

Three Part 3s in a row!

Their previous installments, Spiderman 2, Shrek 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest accounted for three of the four biggest opening weekends ever. They are also are among the top-10 highest-grossing pictures ever.

Spiderman 3 is now being shown worldwide and has already broken the previous record of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest in terms of Opening Weekend Box-Office Gross.

I have not seen the movie yet and as much as I wanted to, I can't because my girl don't want me to. It's just for the simple reason that she wanted me to watch the movie with her. And we can't do that now since she is in Cotabato City and I'm here in Davao City facilitating one of our trainings. She will be mad at me if I watched the movie without her by my side! She is a certified movie addict herself. (I watched Silent Hill with my officemates before and she have not talked to me for 1 week!) Besides even if I have her permission to watch Spiderman 3, we are so busy facilitating this training held at UIC Bankerohan that I don't have the time to spend.

Somebody texted me this line from the movie, "The greatest battles are fought within. It is our choices that make us who we are.. and we can always choose to do what is right."

That got me excited! Spiderman 1 and 2 are excellent movies. What made them different from the others is that the story can touch you in a way seldom felt in other action-packed movies. What with the responsibility stuff. (I know you memorize Uncle Ben's line) What you don't know him? He is Peter Parker's uncle who was killed in Spiderman 1, idiot!

I'm going to spend this weekend with my girl and his family in Gen. Santos City and we will watch the movie together that time.

Green Goblin.

Sandman.

Venom.

Mary Jane.

Peter Parker (AKA Spiderman)

Can't wait for them.


I will be doing blogs on Shrek the Third and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End after their release. Until then. ;-)

No comments: